This is the cover image by artist Jane Fordham for my new book, Commandments, published by Arc in October. Jane is exhibiting her work at Espace Croise in Roubaix, France, between 24 November and 20 December this year. She works in sculpture and mosaic, but is now concentrating on painting and drawing.

She sent me this image when I e mailed her a poem that appears in the book. Jane's image, so uncompromising, seemed to sum up the collection and I'm grateful she let me use it.

The first launches for Commandments are at the Troubadour in London on October 8, Cuisle Limerick International Poetry Festival on October 19 and Lewes Live Literature festival on October 23, then Brighton on November 15. I'm starstruck to be sharing stages with CK Williams, Michael Longley, Theo Dorgan and Matthew Sweeney.

Comments